The bright lights of New York are shining on FCA US brands at the New York International Auto Show the next couple of weeks.
So if you happen to be in the Big Apple for a spring break visit, or just love being in The City, we urge you to add a stop to the Jacob Javits Convention Center on Manhattan’s west side to your list of things to do. It’s a great place to stretch your legs before taking in a Broadway show or some fine dining. The New York show runs March 30 to April 8.
Here are six cool things you’ll find on our stands at this year’s show:
- Get a first look at the new 2018 Fiat 500 Urbana Edition, along with the rest of the all-turbo 2018 Fiat 500 lineup. The 500 Urbana Edition gets you 16-inch Hyper Black wheels, black Sport Cloth front bucket seats with silver stitching and a black instrument panel bezel. Like the Urbana Edition look but need something a bit larger? There are Urbana Editions of the Fiat 500L wagon and Fiat 500X crossover for you to consider.
- The all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler is showing up on road around the country. But getting a good, close look can be tricky when the Wrangler is on the move. You’ll find multiple examples standing still at the New York show, which makes it easy to check out the all-new, more comfortable interior. It’s the best way to decide if the traditional two-door Wrangler fits your lifestyle or longer four-door version is just the thing for packing your family, pets or gear – or all of them.
- Also at the Jeep stand you can check out the restyled 2019 Jeep Cherokee, which debuted at the Detroit auto show in January and is in dealer showrooms. Take a good look at the Cherokee’s new front end, which integrates the headlights and LED accents into a single unit, along with a redesigned hood and fascia. Also, check out the optional turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 270 horsepower.
- Speaking of Jeep, experience the capabilities of vehicles that make up the Jeep lineup with the Camp Jeep ride and drive experience. Set up just outside the Javits center, you’ll ride along as a Jeep vehicle tackles a variety of challenges that demonstrate the benefits of ground clearance, suspension articulation and 4×4 traction.
- If you’re looking for a new pickup truck, make certain to check out the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 – redesigned and re-engineered from top to bottom for more comfort and capability. Media test drives of the new Ram 1500 have lauded the roomy and stylish cabin, solid frame and powerful 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 mated to a smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission. The lineup has six trim levels, from hard-working Tradesman to luxurious Limited.
- Finally, and not to be missed, experience the thrill of popping a wheelie in a production car with the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon The simulator pits a pair of Challenger SRT Demons against one another in a virtual drag race, including staging the cars at the Christmas tree and getting a nose-up attitude when you hit the go pedal when the light goes green.