We’ve had our fill of cold, rain, snow, ice, clouds and winter – and miss the smile that comes from cruising with the windows down and the tunes turned up.
If you own one of FCA North America’s modern muscle cars – the Dodge Charger, Challenger, Magnum or Chrysler 300, along with SRT versions of the Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango – the time to celebrate the return of “car” season with thousands of like-minded enthusiasts is at hand. It’s Spring Fest #13 on Saturday, March 10 at the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Pomona, California.
Sponsored by the SoCalLX club, the Spring Festival of LXs started out as a small gathering of car fans. It has exploded in the years since.
But to do this, you’ve got to go – yes, even if you live on the other side of the country. Each year, LX clubs from as far away as the Bay Area, Houston, Dallas and Detroit make the drive to Spring Fest. You can do it, too – the Charger, Challenger, 300, Magnum, Grand Cherokee SRT and Durango SRT are comfortable cruising machines.
And you have to register in advance, like right now! Here’s the link: http://www.socallx.com/Store/p/sf13-event-registration
This year’s event is set to be the biggest and best yet. Consider this:
- Auto Club Raceway is where the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) starts and ends its season every year, and hosts the NHRA Hall of Fame. This year, Spring Fest attendees can buy slots to run their cars down the drag strip under the control of NHRA technical and safety officials.
- Help select a future Dodge vehicle color. Members of the FCA Product Design Office have put together a menu of color candidates. Scale models (technically known as speed forms) give a sense of how each color looks on a vehicle body. One color gets the full-size car treatment. Bonus: The Dodge team also likes its color names to be as provocative as its
- Speaking of designers, several from FCA will be there, including Mark Trostle, Head of Performance, Passenger Car and Utility Design – FCA North America. Ask Mark, or one of his cohorts, to sign your car (he carries permanent marker pens with him, but it helps if you supply one in the color you want used.)
- Get a thrill ride in some high-performance Dodge cars with a professional driver at the wheel. Time will fly by, as will the pylons.
- Visit the NHRA Museum, steeped in drag racing, muscle car, HEMI, Dodge and Mopar history.
There will also be a kids zone (Spring Fest is a family-friendly event, no alcohol is allowed!) and food and drinks are available on site.
Most importantly, it’s a day to hang with people who love legendary muscle cars as much as you do, check out the ways others like to personalize their cars, and soak up some good tunes and nice weather.
What’s not to like about that? Mopar or No Car!