The 300 was the winner in the Large Car segment in the annual awards given by Edmunds. The recognition honors the most in-demand vehicles in 17 segments, based on sales, days-to-turn and shopper interest data on Edmunds.
“Bold and aggressive, the Chrysler 300 stands out in a class of largely look-alike sedans, and its originality makes it one of the most popular large cars on the market,” said Jessica Caldwell, executive director of industry analysis, Edmunds.
To determine the 2018 Edmunds Most Wanted Award winner for each of the 17 segments, Edmunds analyzed data from the first nine months of 2017 for all models on sale during that period. Rankings in each of the data sets analyzed were weighted equally to determine the winners in each segment.
“The awards celebrate the one vehicle in each segment that is winning both the hearts and wallets of car buyers,” Edmunds wrote.
This award comes as Chrysler repositions the 300 model lineup for 2018 offering the Touring, Touring L, 300S, Limited and 300C. Other updates for 2018 include:
- New entry-level Touring model offers cloth interior and 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Limited model now offers 20-inch aluminum wheels
- New Mocha leather interior option available on Limited and 300C models
- 2018 300C model comes standard with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, offering best-in-class V-8 horsepower and torque
- New available options include:
- Sport Appearance Package and Chrome Appearance Package on Touring
- BeatsAudio and Alloy Package on the 300S
- Harman Kardon premium audio system, navigation, power sunshade, dual-pane sunroof on the Limited
- Harman Kardon premium audio system, navigation, power sunshade, dual-pane sunroof and Sun/Sound/Nav bundle on the 300C
- New Green Metallic Clear Coat and Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat exterior paint options added to the lineup (late availability)
Learn more about the sedan on the Chrysler 300’s website.