The lazy days of summer are coming to end as schoolchildren across the country head back to school.
Just as families transition from vacation to school mode, their Chrysler Pacifica minivans will now shift from hauling vacation items to transporting students and their school supplies.
This easy transition between vacation and school uses is quite intentional, as designers of the entirely redesigned Chrysler Pacifica spent countless hours studying how drivers and passengers utilized and interacted with their minivan.
These designers then took their findings and integrated them into new features on the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. For families and caretakers who will use their Chrysler Pacifica for school transportation, here are some of the innovative features that will make the trip easier, and possibly, fun.
- If children are worried they may miss the first bell, they can use the available built-in “Are We There Yet?” navigational app available on the 10-inch high definition touchscreens in the second row to find out how long until the minivan arrives at the school.
- The popular Stow ‘n Go storage system is included in the new Pacifica. This is a perfect place to store backpacks, laptops or tablets from open view if families make a stop after school.
- Wondering if there are any traffic impediments between home and school? The available Uconnect 8.4 has a turn-by-turn navigation system to get from home to school quickly, and safely.
- The sliding side doors on the Chrysler Pacifica can be easily opened with the touch of a small button on the door handle. The doors can also be opened easily with the tap of a button on the key fob, or from the overhead console just above the driver’s seat.
- Drivers can keep an eye on their surroundings as they navigate parking lots and driveways with the available Surround View camera, which uses four cameras positioned around the vehicle to provide 360-degree views on the 8.4-inch screen in the dashboard. The cameras also provide a bird’s eye perspective of the vehicle and its surroundings. This gives the driver additional views of potential blind spots.
- The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica also has best-in-class cargo volume of 197.3 cu. ft. (Total SAE Volume), which is perfect to haul band instruments, athletic equipment and science fair experiments.
Learn more about the minivan, and its many features, on the Chrysler Pacifica website.