Like many amazing, annual automotive events, the Woodward Dream Cruise has grown, from its humble, one-day 1995 beginnings to the nearly week-long event that it is today. Right now, expect to see people gathering along Woodward Avenue, staking their claim to prime viewing spots with folding chairs and pop-up tents, to watch the early cruisers who just can’t wait for Saturday.
Of course, FCA will be there, up and down Woodward, throughout much of the week. As you get your calendar set for one of the most glorious weeks of the year, here are six items you can pencil in – whether you’ll be in metro Detroit or not:
- TODAY, 10 a.m. ET: Watch live as Dodge unveils two new special edition enthusiast models loaded with power, precision and HEMI® performance.
- Thursday, 8 a.m. ET: Head of SRT & Mopar Design Mark Trostle is talking “designed for speed” during WWJ’s Dream Cruise Business Breakfast. The event is sold out so stay tuned to @FiatChrysler_NA on Twitter for cool comments.
- Thursday, 4-6 p.m. ET: Highlighting Jeep® possibilities, the Easter Jeep Safari concept vehicles will cruise Woodward, highlighting their one-off styling cues and hardcore off-road hardware.
- Thursday, 6-9 p.m. ET: Motor City Viper Owners host Viper Night at Woodward and 13 Mile. More than 30 Vipers and their owners will gather to check out each other’s cars, share stories and reconnect.
- Friday, noon-10 p.m. ET: Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge is back, and will be at the M1 Concourse, Pontiac with drag-racing on Woodward, a car show, thrill rides and more.
- Saturday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. ET: Northwest corner of Woodward and 13 Mile is the place to be for FCA. In addition to a lot full of Mopar-or-no-car goodness, we’ll have the three Top Eliminators on hand, along with historical vehicles, swag to purchase and more.
If you can’t make it to this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise, here’s what you need to do. First, make plans to come next year.
It’s a glorious celebration of the automobile that you won’t want to miss.