Summer is ending. Your favorite college and pro sports teams are announcing the latest additions to their roster. Preseason has kicked off. You’re getting antsy.
But stop – put the grill tongs down. Do you own a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram or FIAT brand vehicle? If you answered yes, then hang tight before you head out in face paint and your favorite throwback jersey for some pregame festivities. FCA has some tips and products that will make your tailgate hangouts so much better.
In a series of posts (through next week), we’ll show you how our lineup of cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs can help make your tailgating just that much more fun.
What’s a pregame tailgate without a pickup truck? If you’re the owner of a Ram 1500 or Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, check out these features that will have you saying “Truck yeah!” before the big game.
- RamBox – Perfect for storing beverages or grill utensils, the class-exclusive RamBox offers lockable, lighted, drainable storage with remote keyless entry for extra convenience. Load each RamBox up with ice for a convenient cooler that holds up to 10 cases of 12-ounce canned beverages.
- Adjustable tie-down cleats – Keep your grill and other gear secure en route to the party with both fixed and adjustable tie-down cleats in the truck bed.
- Wheel-to-wheel side steps – Grabbing items from the front of the pickup bed is more convenient with wheel-to-wheel side steps.
- In-floor storage bins — Store tailgating tools or beverages on ice using Ram’s exclusive in-floor storage bins, which are removable and washable for added convenience.
- Towing – The Ram 3500 Heavy Duty serves as the ultimate towing machine by offering industry-leading 900 lb.-ft. of torque and 31,210 pounds of towing capability, perfect for bringing the biggest camper in the parking lot.
- If you’re tailgating with a large crowd, the Ram 3500 dually has best-in-class payload capacity to haul 39,413 hot dogs, 29,560 quarter-pound burgers, 9,459 cans of your favorite frosty beverage or 394,133 giant foam fingers.
Tune in Monday for the next in our 2015 Tailgate Series.