Can you keep your family too safe on the road?
No, you can’t.
With more than 100 available features, the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica showcases the latest in advanced safety and security technology, including radars, several cameras and ultrasonic sensors, among many other technologies.
Below, you’ll find where to locate 12 of the available high-tech features on the new Pacifica minivan and find out what each one does to help keep families secure on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop and Hold: Helps maintain a driver-adjustable distance between the Pacifica and the vehicle in front of it, and can bring the Pacifica to a controlled stop and hold it there. This system works by decreasing the vehicle’s pre-set cruise-control speed when closing in on another vehicle in the same lane, or when another vehicle moves into the same lane. ACC will accelerate the vehicle back to the pre-set speed once the vehicle in front speeds up or moves into another lane.
- Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM): Uses dual ultra-wideband radar sensors to aid the driver when changing lanes or if being passed by or passing unseen vehicles. The system notifies the Pacifica driver in their blind spot via illuminated icons on the side-view mirror.
- Brake assist: In an emergency brake situation, the system applies maximum braking power, minimizing the stopping distance.
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus: Radar and camera technology combine to determine if frontal impact with another vehicle appears imminent; if so, system pre-fills brakes, then transmits audible and visual warnings for driver to intervene; no driver response triggers brief brake application as tactile alert; if driver remains unresponsive and frontal collision risk remains, brakes are applied to slow vehicle before impact; system may bring vehicle to full stop if imminent frontal collision detected at speeds below 25 mph.
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus: Leverages electronic power steering (EPS) to deliver a torque input to alert and assist the driver with corrective action.
- ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist: Ultrasonic parking sensors on the Pacifica’s bumper guide the driver into the parking space. The system automatically controls steering-wheel angle, while the driver controls gear position, brake and accelerator. Parallel parking is possible on either side of the Pacifica by selecting the direction with the turn signal; for perpendicular parking, vehicle backs itself into space.
- ParkSense rear park assist with stop: The system utilizes ultrasonic sensors at low speeds in reverse to detect stationary objects. The system provides haptic feedback to the driver, with an application of the brake before releasing if a collision is imminent. At low speeds the system will bring the Pacifica to a stop before releasing.
- ParkSense front park assist: The system uses ultrasonic sensors at low speeds to detect stationary objects in front of the Pacifica.
- ParkView rear backup camera: Provides a wide-angle view of the area immediately behind the Pacifica, giving the driver greater peace of mind before reversing at low speeds. Contains dynamic grid lines to aid the driver when maneuvering into parking spaces or narrow areas. The image is displayed on the navigation screen when the transmission is shifted into Reverse.
- Ready Alert Braking (RAB): Anticipates situations when the driver may initiate an emergency brake stop and uses the ESC pump to set brake pads against rotors in order to decrease the time required for full brake application.
- Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection: In parking lot situations, this system warns drivers backing out of parking spaces of traffic moving toward their Pacifica. It activates any time the Pacifica is in Reverse. The driver is notified of vehicle(s) crossing behind them via illuminated icons on the side-view mirror and with an audible chime.
- Surround View camera: Uses four cameras positioned around the Pacifica to provide a bird’s-eye perspective of the vehicle and its immediate surroundings. Driver can also select other views, including front or rear cross path.
Click for more safety technology information on the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.